Sunday, July 11, 2010

Friday, July 9 and Saturday, July 10

I wasn't sure that there would be anyone working on the house yesterday. When I got out of work at 8:30am it was pouring rain. It stopped late morning so I thought I'd better get out to the house site since I had told Debbie I would be there. There was a small group of people working away at the house. Three of them had started putting up the siding. Debbie and I finished stapling that fibery fabric/paper stuff to the studs in the house. This is the stuff that will hold the insulation in. Dad - if you are reading this, the insulation they are using is Cel-Pak by National Fiber. Gary said you had asked about the insulation before but he didn't know anything about it at that point. We have a brochure we can send out to you.

When I arrived at 12:30, this is what the house looked like. The color of the siding is Vintage Cream.

Here's the back.

And here is the other side of the house. It's hard getting pictures of this side. By the time the guys finished for the day, the siding was up to the bottom of the windows on all 3 sides.

These next pictures show what the inside of the house looks like right now. This is from the back of the house looking down towards the door.

This is from the door looking down the hall to the back of the house. On the left is the entry closet and to the right is the living room.
This is the living room and through the stud wall is Alex's room.

This is the dining room. On the right you can see the fibery stuff stapled onto the walls. To the left you and see the roll of more of this stuff. Still need to finish putting it up.

This is the kitchen. Behind this is the bathroom. The black thing is the tub.
The electrician was there this week and ran the wiring. It is great to be able to see where all the switches, outlets, lights, etc will be. I can't believe how fast the house is coming together. I thought it was going to be a lot slower than it has. And the people who keep coming back week after week is just amazing! I am so thankful to all of them. We wouldn't have a house coming together without the help from all the volunteers and the people from Pemi Habitat. I am really happy to be able to start working on the house again myself. I missed being able to do it when I was sick.

No comments: