Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thrift Shop Finds

I found this bench yesterday when I was out with my mom. Gary and I talked about getting a bench for the yard but it never happened. It needs some work to get the rust off the metal then needs to be repainted and the wood needs some sanding and restaining. First step - take it all apart. I might not get it finished till next summer but it will look nice. Although, with all the bugs, who knows when I will actually be able to sit in it with out being eaten alive!

Today I found this piece of embroidery. It's in really rough shape. It was in a frame that was too big for it. When I saw this, I was drawn to the colors. I decided to take a chance for $1 and see if I could save it. A lot of the staining came out just rinsing it in warm water. Then I added some Synthropol soap that I use when I wash out my dyed fabric. We'll see how it looks when it dries. I was worried that the colors in the threads might run but they seem ok. 

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Playing with Paint

I wanted to play with some paint before I started painting some of the furniture I have. I made this little piece to try layering the paint and then sand it to let the different colors show.

Right now I have it hanging from the light. I had to order some vinyl siding hangers from Amazon, since I couldn't find anything locally. Hope they work.

. We had a visitor the other day. I only saw this one. The dogs didn't see it so it stayed around for a while.