Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Flooring and Cabinets

No house pictures to show today, but here is a picture of the flooring and the kitchen cabinets wood. The flooring is cherry and will go through out most of the house. The smaller piece of wood is the sample for the kitchen cabinets. This is rustic alder in a natural stain. The rustic means that the cabinets will have knots in the wood and may have some knot holes in them. Ashland Lumber where we are getting the cabinets from had these cabinets in one of their displays and both Gary and I loved them.

It is lucky that both Gary and I tend to like the same things. It has made picking out the flooring, cabinets, counter tops and hardware easy. Out of everything picking hardware for the kitchen was the hardest but we found some that we both really like. I tend to like a more contemporary feel and Gary tends to like more traditional.
I'm off to the flooring place today to get a sample of the bathroom vinyl we picked out. I forgot I needed it so we could pick out the color for the bathroom sink and counter.

No comments: